Štorch’s House (At the Stone Virgin Mary) - Old Town Square 16/552, Old Town
Old Town Square 16/552, Old Town
Neo-Gothic house built in 1896 on the site of a Gothic and Baroque house according to a plan by B. Ohmann for Štorch’s publishing house; the appearance of the house was to fit as much as it could the architectural style of the whole Old Town Square and respect the whole urbanistic character of the place. Figural paintings in Art Nouveau style on the façade (dominated by St. Wenceslas on a horse) were made by L. Novák based on cartoons by M. Aleš. In 1945 the house burnt down, it was restored three years later.